SAFETY: You must wear plastic gloves, goggles, and respirator when working with Acetone and paint coatings.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
- Remove all burnt or damaged loose coating with a piece of Scotch-brite™ (scouring pad), emery cloth, or wire brush.
- Wipe the affected area using Acetone with a cloth. As with all chemicals, to follow proper and safe procedures, refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for use of materials.
- Cover or mask off areas to protect from overspray.
- Shake can until ball rattles and continue shaking for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid from the can.
- Apply in short overlapping strokes at 2 to 4 inches away as necessary to cover the area. Slowly apply coating until it matches existing color. As with all chemicals, follow the instructions per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Wait 30 seconds between layers, if additional layers are needed.
- Remove masking materials being careful to not damage the area just coated.
- Wait until the coating has cured (30 minutes) before placing into service.