GulfCoat® AM Antimicrobial Aerosol Coating
GulfCoat® AM helps improve indoor air quality by utilizing silver ions from the Agion® (silver ion) compound to inhibit bacteria, mold, fungi and other microbes from growing on evaporator coils and other air-handling surfaces. The Agion® compound automatically releases antimicrobial compounds when conditions are favorable for bacteria and other microorganisms growth to provide long-lasting protection for a wide range of HVAC/R systems and air-handling components. Additionally, the coating protects against staining and discoloration due to mildew growth and microbial odor development.
How GulfCoat® AM Antimicrobial Aerosol Works
Silver is a powerful antimicrobial metal and so are its ions. The exchange process of zeolite crystals containing silver ions in CulfCoat® AM are randomly oriented and distributed throughout the coating surface. When conditions that support microbial growth are present, the sodium ions, in ambient moisture, exchange with the silver ions at reversible bonding sites on the zeolite, making the exchange silver ions available for controlling microbial growth.
Why Use Gulfcoat Am Protective Coating?
- GulfCoat® AM is a value-added coating, ideal for HVAC/R evaporator coils, air-side, internal components and cabinet walls
- The Agion® compound is approved by the US EPA for use in air conditioning, refrigeration, and air handling systems under EPA Registration No. 71227-7-88165
- GulfCoat® AM protective coating is specifically formulated to resist mildew growth and mitigate equipment deterioration caused by microbial growths on coated surfaces
- Mini Split Evaporator Coils
- Packaged Rooftop Evaporator Coils
- Modular Air-handlers Evaporator Coils and Interior Air-side Cabinetry
- Walk-in refrigerator and freezer evaporator coils and interiors
GulfCoat® AM Benefits
- When properly applied, it resists a wide variety of bacteria, mold, algae, and mildew growth.
- This hybrid polymeric aerosol antimicrobial coating provides high performance protection in HVAC/R air handling equipment.
- The antimicrobial properties are activated when moisture is present, and conditions are ideal for microbial organism growth.
- The Agion® compound is approved by the US EPA for use in HVAC/R systems – EPA Registration No. 71227-7-88165.
- This colorless (clear) coating provides mid-level corrosion protection and can be applied as a topcoat to other coating materials.
|Log 5/Log 6 (99.9996%) Reduction
|Cross Hatch Adhesion
|Method B, Rates 5B
|Pass 1/4” (6.35mm)
|Dry Film Thickness
The Agion® antimicrobial compound has been registered by the Environmental Protection Agency as an antimicrobial agent which can inhibit the growth of bacteria, molds and fungi, and other microbes through the release of silver (Ag) ions. Modine Manufacturing Inc. makes no claim or assertion that the antimicrobial properties in this coating will improve air quality or eliminate the threat of disease-causing organisms.